IPTV/OTT Service Operations Manager (Hungary) – €6.5-8k per month
- IPTV/OTT Implementation and Operations Project – Telecoms (Budapest, Hungary)
- 6500-8000 /Monthly Freelance Full Time Onsite
- Posted 4 months ago
- Apply Before: : 2020-03-23
Join our team of Lancelots! Together, we are the Knights Of Digital Age.
At freelancelot.IT we treat you as our valued partners with respect, trust and transparency.
Position: IPTV/OTT Service Operations Manager
Contract type: independent consultant via freelance contract (self employed, limited company)
Project location: *** Based on Client site in Hungary (Budapest) ***
Contract Rate: €6.5-8k per month + expenses (based on a day rate depending on your seniority)
Project duration: 6+ months (likely to extend)
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a specialist consulting firm of industry experts focused on the global telecommunications, media and technology industries. The project delivers into a large Pan-European Telecoms providers covering a number of countries in Europe to build and manage an IPTV/OTT solution delivery and operations.
The primary function of the position is to ensure the correct operation of the systems under control through the application of the relevant processes and practices across the organisation.
- Management of a 2nd / 3rd line technical support team tasked with the prompt resolution of any escalated incidents 24/7
- Working with partner companies as required
- Management of team members in line with all company policies
- Ensure all operations are carried in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Represent the support functions in performance reviews with NOC management
- Participation in periodic SLA / LOA review meetings
- Provision of platform performance data
- Provision of fault data
- Assist in the RCA process for all issues
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of all Problem records
- Close liaison with partner / vendor companies
- Support Change Management / planned work as required
- Recruit, train and supervise staff including the setting of team and individual objectives
- 10+ years direct experience in Telecommunication, 5+ years’ work experience in Video Industry (including OTT video service) ideally with a well-known video service operator or video equipment vendor.
- Proven work experience as operations / service manager or similar role
- Proven knowledge / experience in an IPTV / OTT supervisory / leadership role
- Operator on IPTV Solution delivery for both IPTV and OTT solution with experience in Cloud Operation (Private or public)
- Min 3 Years of on Metadata/EPG
- Experience of working in a ITIL environment
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Degree in a related technical, Operations Management or related field
Local candidates are preferred.
Please only apply, if you have the relevant experience above. In order to articulate the value you can bring to this role please highlight your relevant experience per requirement below with project examples!
No Visa, no sponsorship. You have to be an independent consultant in the EU and will provide your services as a Self Employed or through your own limited company.
Must have skills: